Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good Morning at the Grand Canyon


Does anyone else set an alarm clock while camping? I mean really! The alarm sounded at 4AM. That's right, I got up at 4AM while camping at the Grand Canyon. Got up, wiped the sleep out of my eyes, and got dressed. Why, do you ask? To take a photograph, of course. The evening before I captured the Grand Canyon at sunset, and this morning I meant to capture a sunrise.



When I returned to the campsite, I decided to go for a walk behind the camp to see if I could get some photos of the flora and fauna. While I was walking quietly I hear other footsteps. I stopped many times and tried to see what was walking out there with me, but no luck. I could hear it, but could not discover what was out there with me. When I walked back to the campsite I was greeted by the Park Ranger. She told me that we had a visitor. I turned around and found the source of the earlier footsteps. This elk was curious about my wanderings in his backyard. He followed me right into our campsite. Other campers took advantage of the photo opportunity. We broke camp that morning and headed for Roswell and Carlsbad, New Mexico.

1 comment:

  1. What a great start! Your blog looks neat!! Now you will have to give ME some tips.

    ReplyDelete